Driving is a necessity for many of us. Whether it is a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler, learning to drive and getting official permission is one of the indispensable requirements for any driver. To accomplish this task, you need to pass the driving test. This test comprises of two sections – theory and practical test. Successful passing of both the tests gives one assurance that you are knowledgeable about the safe driving practices, road signs, driving regulations and expert in driving skills.
Saves from accidents
The cases of road accidents have been increasing in the UK in the past few years. One of the reasons behind this tragic happening is that people do not have sufficient driving knowledge, practical driving skills or awareness. A driving test enables a person to acquire solid knowledge on theoretical and practical aspects of driving. This helps him do the safe driving and take proper decisions when faced with any troublesome condition.
Tests your competency
Anyone can’t be considered eligible for a driving license. You need to be competent enough to drive a vehicle on the road. That is why there is an age limit set for people to drive a vehicle. A driving test is one way to learn how much aware you are about the road signs, traffic signals, driving laws and safe driving practices. All this is required to obtain a driving license in the UK.
About the driving theory test
Two parts: Part 1
- Multiple choice questions which are needed to be completed on a computer
- Total 50 questions, out of which you need to get 43 right to get a passing score.
- Test is of one-hour duration
- Also, called as hazard perception test
- Total 14, 1-minute video clipping are shown on the computer screen that is deemed to cause a potential hazard.
- The candidate has to provide a valid response by touching the computer screen or clicking with the mouse.
- Once a candidate successfully passes the driving exam for a provisional license, then they are eligible to take a practical exam.
- This exam covers driving skills on a public road system.
- Test is for 40 minutes
What is the right way to take a driving exam?
When you plan to book theory test, you need to ensure that you have been properly trained and got ample theoretical and hands-on exposure to each and every aspect involved in driving. Getting intensively trained through a driving instructor would help you with all the tips and insights to successfully pass the exam. He will share his own experiences to give you the best learning to deal with any kind of driving condition in the best possible way.
To acquire a driving license has been the wish of every person who is new to driving a vehicle. Getting the best coaching on driving and do ample preparation to improvise your skills on different driving aspects would help you clear this test quickly.