SEO is a challenging process, which includes fluctuating metrics like rankings, traffic, and conversions. The performance of these metrics change often, due to different reasons. Some of them are obvious, while others are disguised. Improving or sustaining these metrics need consistent vigilance, experimentation and testing.
Like other business investments, SEO is also one of them, which has the potential to reap lots of profits. Therefore, it is crucial to manage this investments in the best possible manner. Now, the main confusion arises on whether to outsource your SEO needs or develop an in-house team.
Actually, there is no ideal answer because at times having in-house team is sensible and in some cases it is sensible to outsource the SEO efforts. You can evaluate your needs on the basis of nature or work, bandwidth of task to be handled, necessary in-house SEO talent, and cost of building in-house team versus fees of hiring a professional company.
In-house SEO pros
- You have total control over the procedures
- Total focus on your site’s SEO
- They know your company in an intimate manner, so your overall marketing plans can be better aligned (especially in theory).
In-house SEO cons
- Fluctuations in Google algorithms need proactive SEO skills to dominate the changes. You will need to invest in consistent learning because attained skills can get outdated, very soon.
- Plenty of analysis is needed to synch with industry trends, which can be time-consuming for in-house team.
- In-house pressure and demands affect the focus of SEO work.
- Monitoring and analysis for marketing need plenty of technical tools, which are expensive.
- In-house team needs to be competent in handling SEO aspects like linking, content, and UX elements.
- In-house SEO team gets to decide what is bad or good for your website’s SEO only, which means their expertise gets limited exposure (no opportunity to sharpen their knowledge).
Outsourcing SEO pros
- You get to hire a lot of skill and experience from the outsourced SEO team.
- SEO agency has a lot of experience in working for different clients, so have broad insights.
- They are not distracted from internal or marketing pressures so can stay focused.
- No overhead costs of space, hiring, infrastructure and more
- You can scale your SEO needs up or down anytime without any concern of spending time & effort in hiring new members.
- The possibility of attaining results sooner with outsourcing agency is more in comparison due to unlimited exposure and constant training.
Outsourcing SEO cons
- When your digital marketing campaign is active outsourced SEO team can be costly in comparison.
- A possibility that your website gets less attention is more because the firm will be handling other clients SEO projects.
- You will need to ensure that the potential SEO partner has business ethics. You don’t want to compromise your website reputation with bad SEO practice.
How to decide?
Now, you can weigh up the pros and cons to make a decision. If your business is large, then an in-house SEO team is practical solution. However, for medium and small size ventures, outsourcing can be cost-effective option. You can get more information about SEO strategies from https://mediaonemarketing.com.sg.